Onion pulao is a wonderfully aromatic and tasty all season dish with its acceptance in almost every part of globe. With very easy and quick preparation, it can be your kitchen queen’s or chef’s favorite one. It can be prepared at all occasions whether its guests at home, restaurants, or any festival. So let’s get into a bit detail of how to prepare that.
- 2 cups rice, washed and soaked
- 4-5 medium sized onions, thinly sliced
- 3 table spoons ghee
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tea spoon Red chili powder
- 1/4th tea spoon coriander powder
- 4 cups water
- Salt as per taste
To start making onion pulao, first wash and soak rice for ½ – 2 hours.
- Heat ghee in pressure cooker
- Add bay leaf
- Add cinnamon
- And cloves
- Once they start sizzling add sliced onion.
- Sauté onion until it turns dark brown.
Make sure that the onions are caramelized on medium flame and not burnt.
- Once the onion is cooked add Red Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder.
- Stir it well
- Add 2 cups of water
- Add soaked and drained rice
- Close the pressure cooker
- Allow the onion pulao to whistle 3 times
- Turn off the flame.